Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Fear

This is from personal experience as I was watching it happen to myself, seemingly unable to do anything about it.

Over the years, from the time my kids were born, wife had fallen into isolation, worry and resentment. I saw it happening, couldn't stop it, didn't know how to stop it. So, I did the next worse thing, I worried about it. Then I saw what could happen if things continued.

To make a long story short, I worried, I obsesssed, and together, those things spell fear--the obsessive visualization of what bad things can happen. It's why the Buddhists said that attachment is a bad thing, as suffering is nothing but attachment to what we don't want or can't have, or attachment to things and people we love and want, in spite of the fact that nothing lasts forever in a world made of energy.

Fear makes what you fear happen. Works like a charm. You bring it on yourself, guaranteed because your intent begins to meld the energy fields into forcing what you fear into being.

Okay, that's the intellectualized version of it. The only thing that will stop it is the visualization of what you want to happen instead, voice it, then let it go. Don't attach and just deal with what's in front of you. The only thing I've discovered that helps me let it go is my daily, or every other day just sitting, counting or watching my breath, and letting the rest go. 20 minutes a day works wonders for me.

Positive visualization and letting go. Simple? Nah, just do it, and you'll see how hard it is to counter a lifetime of worrying and negative visualization. It gets easier as you practice, but its not a quick fix. Still the little ease you get from learning to just deal with what's in front of you makes a big positive reinforcement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe it to be about the power of intent. If we are as I suspect, the universe manifest so that it can entertain a different perspective... then we are connected to the universe the creative force. If we come to this with negativity it will create the negativity that we 'desire.'

It's hard to treat yourself with loving acceptance!

But if I am enough for the universe to continue to manifest it self through me then I should be enough for myself just like I am now - imperfect.

(((hugs))
Lisa